Lubrizol Corporation, een Berkshire Hathaway onderneming, streeft naar een duurzame toekomst. Onze ongeëvenaarde wetenschap ontsluit immense mogelijkheden op moleculair niveau en stimuleert duurzame en meetbare resultaten om de wereld te helpen verschonen, om slimmer te creëren en om beter te leven. Onze oplossingen worden elke dag door mensen gebruikt en verbeteren miljarden levens over de hele wereld.
We waarderen diversiteit in zowel professionele als in levenservaringen. Ons consistent, onbevooroordeeld en transparant recruteringsproces is een positieve ervaring voor onze kandidaten, waarbij ze het beste van zichzelf kunnen tonen. We waarderen unieke werk- en leefsituaties, bieden flexibiliteit en hechten alle belang aan geëngageerde medewerkers die zich betrokken en goed voelen in alle aspecten van het leven.
We are currently looking for an Manufacturing Engineer (m/f/x) for our location in Oevel.
What you will do:
As a Manufacturing Engineer you are responsible for to maintain processing capability & drive continuous improvement of safety, quality, capacity and productivity. Besides this you will perform any l tasks required to achieve the safety, quality, productivity and efficiency objectives of the Estane Department in our Plant in Oevel, Belgium. You will provide technical expertise to the production department and contribute to the business effectiveness by ensuring continuous improvements in operational efficiencies taking into account safety, quality and cost. You will be in charge of developing a vision and you will drive the introduction of new technologies to create competitive advantages. You will also lead upscaling of new products and technologies in production on dedicated production lines.
Your main responsibilities:
- Report, monitor and maximize Raw Material Efficiency, prime quality, process uptime, reliability, and capacity utilization.
- Perform capability analyses on request by product management, or to define Distribution Keys for Master Data, or to define improvement projects.
- Drive scope definition, execution and result of improvement projects (Cost Estimate, management of change, ...)
- Prepare, coordinate and report approved Manufacturing Authorization-runs
- Develop & Maintain Standard Operating Procedures and provide training for process operators.
- Drive/Lead quality and operational improvement teams (Operators, QC, Maintenance)
- Provide on and off-line process troubleshooting and technical directions to manufacturing line.
- Investigate and solve production controllable customer complaints with Customer Assistance and Production.
- Use and maintain systems associated with ISO, Management of Change, Process Safety Management, Environmental improvement programs, and Manufacturing Authorizations.
- Generate necessary maintenance activities and coordinate repair priorities with Plant Maintenance.
- Be able to give occasional technical trainings to the operators with regard to general process knowledge, (changed) process systems. Provide necessary training material / SOP's for new processes/projects.
- Making sure that production and DCS System (Delta V) recipes, process parameters and procedures are up-to-date for the dedicated lines.
Who we are looking for:
- You have a Master Engineer degree (electro/mechanical or chemical)
- You have 1-2 y experience in a similar role but we are also open for a started who just graduated
- You are able to communicate in Dutch and English
- You possess strong data management skills, analytical skills and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills: MS office, knowledge of DCS (Delta V) and SAP is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational and team building skills. You are able to lead and communicate with a team of operators and engineers.
- You have a hands-on mentality, not afraid to take initiative and come with solutions.
- If you have a background in statistical process control and statistical techniques that would be a plus.
What we offer:
Lubrizol offers a long-term contract, combined with interesting salary conditions and a wide package of extra benefits (meal vouchers, group and hospitalization insurance, bonus plan, many vacation days and flexible hours).
You get a lot of responsibility in your job and reporting lines are short. You will join an enthusiastic team.
With more than 160 employees, the Oevel production plant is Lubrizol Advanced Materials' largest plant in Belgium. Two plastics are made here: Estane® thermoplastic polyurethane, and TempRite® chlorinated polyvinyl chloride. These products are distributed in the form of granules or powders from Oevel to our customers all over the world, after which they are processed into a wide range of products: Sports equipment and clothing, sprinkler systems, medical equipment, water pipes, cables and wires, textiles. Several departments are located in the Oevel plant; warehouse, production, maintenance, quality and application labs, marketing, engineering, finance, HR, planning, purchasing, safety, sales, ... in short, on this site you will find colleagues from various backgrounds who work in a larger context of an international American company. They are hard-working teams with enthusiastic colleagues, whose personal development is stimulated by coaching and training and by being given responsibility in their job. The site is located in the industrial area of Oevel next to the E313 motorway and the Albert canal.
Als je geïnteresseerd bent in de functie, moedigen we je zeker aan om te solliciteren. Lubrizol is altijd op zoek naar kandidaten die onze culturele overtuigingen belichamen in alles wat ze doen. Als je all-in bent, besluitvaardig handelt en aanstuurt, tijdig actie onderneemt, extern denkt en nieuwe uitdagingen niet uit de weg gaat, dan zou Lubrizol de plek voor jou kunnen zijn.
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Chemical Research, Engineer, Industrial, Engineering, Manufacturing